Adaware Antivirus 12 combines the legendary anti-spyware Lavasoft tool with a super fast, free antivirus. It now features download protection (blocks malicious files before being written to disk), sandboxing (keeps unknown apps running in a virtual environment) and advanced detection.
Ad-Aware offers lots of scan options, making things very flexible for the user. There are 3 initial scan options, Quick, Full and Custom. The Custom option is particularly nice, allowing you to completely customize the scan with easy checkbox inclusions. You can also schedule scans, a must-have option for a modern antivirus. Scans aren’t particularly quick, but can be paused.
There are 3 versions of Ad-Aware: Free, Pro and Total. They uses the same program shell, but more advanced features become available as you move through the versions. This will annoy some users who would prefer a unique free version without extraneous distractions – although we have to admit that Ad-Aware doesn’t nag about upgrades, which is great.
The rest of Ad-Aware’s options are divided into two parts – the ones under Protection Settings (top right hand corner) and under Options. Under Protection Settings, you’ll be able to tweak the real-time protection and browsing options, although Safe Browsing can only be enabled and disabled, and not customized. Under Ad-Aware’s Main Options, there are various settings related to basic operation, updates and an explanation of Gaming Mode (although this can be quickly toggled in the main interface and from the task bar).
- Fast Antivirus: It’s a superfast antivirus that complements Ad-Aware’s legendary anti-spyware.
- Download Protection: Scans your downloads regardless of the file format before they have a chance to damage your PC.
- Automatic Threat Updates: Stay protected against the latest threats.
- Game Mode: Silent mode protection that allows you to play your games and watch your movies without being disturbed.
- Safe Browsing: Protects you while you browse the web by validating a constantly updated list of known bad URLs and websites.
- Antispyware: Ad-Aware is the world’s most downloaded security software. 450 million downloads and counting…
- Real-Time Protection: Blocks or suspends malicious processes and infected files before they try to start or connect to your system.
- Pin-Point Scanning: Scan only the files or folders you want directly from their original location.
- Malware Sandbox Emulator: Emulation technology that helps protecting users from unidentified or new variants of malware.
- Processor: P733 MHz or better
- RAM: 512 MB (1GB recommended)
- Hard Disk: 300 MB free space recommended
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista (32 and 64-bit), Windows XP (SP2+,32-bit)
Supported Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Simplified Chinese
Size: 5,8 MB